Despite their calm and cheerful appearance,
THESE PEOPLE NEED HELP!
Pembrokeshire Harriers is run on a 'not for profit' basis and has always had a policy of keeping fees as low as possible, so that all of our athletes can have opportunities to train and to compete. With over 100 active juniors and a large senior and road running membership, the club is growing year by year and is enjoying increasing success at many levels.
Coaches and all those involved with the club are volunteers and we are always seeking help from members and their families. If you would like to offer your assistance in any way, be it large or small, regularly or a one off, please contact us. We have a small group of helpers at the moment. Why not join them ? Every little bit helps.
We are a friendly bunch....honest !
Some of the tasks and responsibilities which we are, or will be, looking for help with are outlined below. These could be done on an individual basis or working in groups on a rota system.
- Fund Raising
- Press secretary
- Club cabin maintainence
- Equipment maintainence
- Coaching } training available ( all course fees paid by the club )
- Coaching assistants } ------------- ||-------------
- Officiating (timing, measuring etc) }
- Team management :- Gwent League/boys/girls/age groups
- Refreshments in the new club portakabin (ordering/supplying/making cups of tea/selling snacks/washing up)
- Event preparation: Harriers Open Evening, cross country (Oakwood), Gerald Codd Trophy Match etc, Road Running - Jan Younger 10K
- Collecting training fees