Track & Field
Welcome to Pembrokeshire Harriers Track and Field.
The track and field section is open to all athletes of all abilities and membership ages range from 9 to the over 60's. Whether you want to compete for fun or take it more seriously, the club has numerous qualified coaches who train their athletes to run, throw and jump properly. Events coached include : sprints, hurdles, middle/long distance, long jump, high jump, triple jump, shot, javelin, discus and hammer. People interested in joining are encouraged to come along to a training night and " give it a go ".
Please click on the News and Results section in the menu box on the left for all the latest information throughout the season.
Pembrokeshire Harriers compete in two leagues throughout Wales during the Spring / Summer season....
|Louise Arthur Junior League||School years 4 to 9.
||Ages 9 to 14|
|U 17/ U20 / Senior League||U17 school years 10/11
|U20 school years 12/13
||Ages 16 to 19|
|Seniors||Ages 20 plus|
As well as competing in the various leagues, athletes are encouraged to enter the various Championships which take place throughout the season. Pembrokeshire Harriers have been very successful over the past few years and have produced many champions and also several athletes have represented Wales in their chosen events.
For those athletes who wish to continue their athletics throughout the whole year, there is a winter Indoor season extending from October to March. The club does not compete in winter leagues but there are various open events and Championships which are available to enter.There is winter training from October to March outdoors and indoors. Information will be posted on the website closer to the time giving details of all winter activities.
- May 23Dyfed Secondary Schools Athletic Programme 2013
- May 16NEW NEW : Louise Arthur Junior League Match 1....Report and Results
- Apr 11NEW : West Wales Track and Field Championships....Important Information...
- May 13NEW : Revised timetable for the UK Youth Development League...
- May 15Welsh Senior / U20 / U17 League...
- May 14County Sports Timetables
- May 1First Louise Arthur Junior League Match...Information
- May 1NEW : Pembrokeshire Harriers Track and Field Summer Season...
- Apr 30Good start for the West Wales Team in the UK Youth Development League.
- Apr 24Harriers Open Results